- Obituary, source unknown
- PROVO - funeral services for Mrs Matilda Cook
Waters, 80. Provo resident all her life, will be
conducted Friday at 1:30 pm in the Provo Second
Ward chapel by Bishop N Halvor Madsen of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Friends may call at the Claudin Funeral Home
Thursday from 6 to 8 pm. and at the family home
Friday prior to services. Interment will be in Provo
City Burial Park.
- Mrs. Waters died Tuesday at her home of causes
incident to age.
- She was born June 19, 1866 in Provo, a daughter
of Edson and Mary Ann Quinney Whipple. She
received her education in Provo city schools and
was an active worker in the Church, serving as a
Relief Society teacher for many years and doing
- Her hobby was nursing. As a midwife she
helped deliver some 800 babieies to families in
the area, including 30 pairs of twins.
- She was married to John E. Cook in 1880 in Provo.
They were divorced several years later. She
was married to Parley A. Waters on April 14, 1926.
Mr. Waters died in 1941.
- Surviving are two sons and two daughters, Marvin
L. Cook, McKinley J. Cook, Mrs. Mary Richards and
Mrs. Louise McQuivey, all of Provo; 19 grandchildren
and 12 great-grandchildren.