Obituary, paper unknown
- Father of Mrs. Emma Garrett Dies at Her Home
- James Henry Handy, 80, pioneer of the early
sixties, died April 24, at the home of his daughter,
Emma Handy Garrett.
- Mr. Handy was born April 18, 1855 at Stratford
on Avon, England, a son of Samuel and Hanna Watts
Handy, who joined the church and emigrated to Utah;
living first at Provo and moving a few years later
to Franklin, Ida. where he has since resided. He
has lived the last year with his daughter because
of his failing health.
- On Dec. 2, 1872 he married Lucy Day who preceeded
him in death. Mr. Handy is suvived by five sons
and four daughters: Samuel Handy, Elmer Handy, Newell
Handy and Annie Handy Wilkenson of Franklin, Idaho;
Nora Handy Daines of Logan; Edna Handy Larsen of
Coalville; Leonard Handy of Salt Lake; Elgin Handy
and Mrs. Garrett of Bountiful; 40 grandchildren
and 23 great-grandchildren.
- Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday
at Franklin, Ida.